Welcome to Saint-Nom-la-Bretèche !

Activities to help you settle in

AVF "Accueil des Villes Françaises", a newcomers’ club,  has a branch in our village and can offer you practical information on moving to a new place, a program of social gatherings and a variety of cultural, manual, sport and leisure activities.
French Lessons for foreigners are available at the JKM Cultural Centre.

Administrative procedures for foreign resdients

Your arrival in France involves certain formalities. On this page you will find some links where you can obtain advice and information related to various administrative steps and to organisations which may help you settle in to life in our village.

Carte de séjour :
No longer compulsory for residents originating from member countries of the EU or Switzerland. However, you must register at the town hall (Mairie) within three months of your arrival in France. Other foreign residents must have a carte de séjour. Apply without delay to the Préfecture de Versailles.

Elections :
Residents originating from member countries of the EU are eligible to vote in local and European elections. Register at the Town Hall by 31st December of the preceding year. Proof of residence and identity required.

Family allowance :
Available to all persons qualifying as a resident in France with two children : Caisse d’Allocations Familiales (CAF) in Saint-Germain-en-Laye.

Marriage :
Fill in forms available from the Town Hall and attach :

  • Affidavit of law (certificat de coutume)
  • Single status certificate (certificat de célibat)
  • Birth certificate
  • Photocopies of witnesses’ identity papers
  • Plus same documents as for French citizens ie :
    • valid passport or residence permit (carte de séjour) for each fiancé,
    • proof of residence, recent utilities bill showing name and address.

Check which documents need to be translated by an official translator.

Public transport :   
If you use public transport on a regular basis, you might prefer to purchase a Carte Navigo which can be obtained for weekly or monthly travel.

Discounted Travel Card :
If you qualify as a EU resident in France and have at least 3 children under the age of 18, you may be eligible for the Carte de Familles Nombreuses which gives you discounted travel on the trains (and other reductions).

Lost Property :
Enquire at the Town Hall for items lost in the Saint-Nom-la-Bretêche area.
For the Paris region address your enquiries by email to the Lost Property Service of Paris

Repères : 

Translation of certain official documents may need to be done by an official translator. Check with the relevant authority. A list of translators can be obtained from the Préfecture de Versailles.

Contact : 

Phone number : 06 11 97 27 37

Lost Property Service of Paris