The coat of arms represents the city of Saint-Nom-la-Bretêche.
The three five-leave grasses symbolize the forest of Marly-le-Roi, a large part of which (400hectares) is to be found on our village land.
The fork-tailed lion comes from the seal of Amaury VI de Montfort, shown on a charter dating back to 1226 and leased to the Monks of the Abbey of the Vaux de Cernay (who founded the Ferme de Saint Nom).
The crown of the crest shows a three-towered wall, which was the symbol worn by Greek goddesses, guardians of the cities.
The latin motto, “Angulus Ridet” means “This area smiles upon us”.